Mobility scooters (also known as electric scooters or medical scooters) can help you travel short to medium distances if you are having trouble.
Finding the right mobility scooter to suit your needs can depend on a number of factors, including:
- Your height and weight
- Where you plan on driving it: outdoors, indoors, or on rugged terrain
- How portable you need it to be – will you need to travel with it or fold it up to transport it frequently?
We’ve prepared this quick and easy quiz to help you start to find models that may suit your needs. Or, scroll below to see some selected models to suit different needs.
Our quiz is only intended for indicative purposes. You can contact our friendly and experienced staff for more information.
SEE ALSO: Read our FAQs to learn if a mobility scooter is the right solution for you
Choosing the right scooter
If portability is your primary concern this model folds easily without any assembly/disassembly required. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use, light activities and shorter distances:
Light-weight scooters for daily activities and easy transport
These models are easy to transport and are lightweight. They are generally suitable for indoor and outdoor use, light activities and shorter distances. (Pictured: Invacare Colibri)
- Buzzaround Life Scooters (up to 250 lbs)
- Pride Go-Go ES 2 Scooters (up to 250 lbs)
- Pride Go-Go Ultra X Scooters (up to 260 lbs)
Mid-weight scooters for daily activity
Mid-weight mobility scooters offer slightly more support and range than the above lightweight/portable scooters and are better suited to outdoor. They models are also quite easy to transport, but do require a bit extra in the way of assembly/disassembly. Depending on the size of the space they could also be used indoors.
- Pride Go-Go Sport Scooters (up to 325 lbs)
- Pride Go Go LX CTS Suspension Scooters (up to 300 lbs)
- Pride Go Go Elite Traveller Scooters (up to 300 lbs)
- Buzzaround XLS 3- and 4-wheel Scooters (up to 300 lbs)
Durable scooters for performance and comfort
Consider a scooter that is comfortable, sturdy, can ride over multiple terrains and travel a longer range of distances. Riders over 350 lbs will need a scooter such as the Pride Maxima to suit bariatric needs. (Pictured: Invacare Leo)